Nut Roast Patties with Spiced Cucumbers & Roasted Salsa
Fresh cucumbers & punchy salsa with crunchy Nut Roast patties make for a zesty, spicy alternative to a classic Nut Roast dinner.
For the Cucumbers:
- 1 large cucumber, cut into ribbons
- 2 tbsp of white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1 red chilli finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- ½ tsp of caster sugar
For the Nut Roast:
- 1 Artisan Grains Country Veg & Cashew Nut Roast
- 200 ml of cold water
For the Salsa:
- 1 jar of roasted red peppers (approx. 300g)
- 100g of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small chilli pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 Tbsp of balsamic vinegar or lemon juice
- A large handful of coriander leaves
- Preheat an oven to 180°C/ 350°F
- In a large bowl combine the cucumber ribbons, vinegar, garlic, chilli and sugar.
- Set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Add the cold water to the Nut Roast mix, stir well and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Shape into patties or nuggets, place on a greased baking tray and bake for 30 minutes or until the edges are crisping.
- Add the roasted peppers, tomatoes, chilli pepper, garlic, coriander and vinegar to a blender and pulse until roughly combined.
- Drain the cucumbers and plate them with the Nut Roast patties and a good dollop of salsa.