Nut Roast Dippers with Marinara Sauce
Add some Mediterranean warmth to your plate with these wonderfully rich & slightly sweet Nut Roast sticks!
For the Nut Roast Sticks:
- 1 Artisan Grains Mediterranean Sundried Tomato Nut Roast
- 180 ml of cold Water
- 20ml aquafaba or egg replacer
For the Marinara Sauce:
- 2 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 3 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 x 400g cans of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 1 tsp of dried Oregano
- ½ tsp of Chilli Flakes
- 2 tbsp of Tomato Paste
- Large handful of roughly chopped fresh Basil
- Preheat an oven to 180°C/ 350°F
- Add the cold water and aquafaba to the Nut Roast Mix, mix well and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Shape into sticks and place onto a greased or baking paper lined tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until crispy.
- To make the Marinara, heat the Olive Oil in a saucepan on a medium-low heat.
- Sautee the garlic until fragrant and golden.
- Add the tomatoes, oregano, salt and chilli and bring to a simmer.
- Cook on a low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the Basil, adjust seasoning and stir in the Tomato Paste.
- If the sauce is too thick stir in a spoonful of water.
- The sauce is great hot or cold.
- Serve the Nut Roast sticks with the Marinara sauce and enjoy!.