A nutritional super-seed…
Chia Seeds are an ancient South American superfood. Their very subtle taste allows you to add them to absolutely anything that you eat or drink – helping to boost your nutritional, antioxidant and Omega-3 intake.
Check out the nutritional benefits:
- Rich in Omega-3 (higher levels than salmon)
- High in Protein (more than any other ancient grain)
- High in Iron (3 times more than spinach)
- A powerful source of antioxidants (30% more potency than blueberries)
- High in Fibre (2 tbsp equivalent to 5 pieces of wholewheat bread)
How to use…
Drink: Add a teaspoon of Chia Seeds to a glass of water or juice, before drinking.
Sprinkle: Sprinkle Chia Seeds on salads, cereals, yogurt, even soup. Or add a sprinkling in your baking – great in bread, cakes, cookies and biscuits.
Soak: A common way to consume Chia Seeds is to soak them. Make basic Chia ‘gel’ by adding 60g (1/3 cup) of seeds to 480g (2 cups) of water, milk or non-dairy milk. Stir, leave for around 10 minutes or until it takes a gel-like consistency.