Nut Roast Spaghetti & 'Meat' Balls
Up your protein and add some crunch to your spaghetti with this twist on an Italian-American classic
- 1 Artisan Grains Country Veg & Cashew Nut Roast
- 200 ml of cold Water
- 30g Peanuts, roughly chopped
- 30g Almonds, roughly chopped
- 20g Pine Nuts
- 400g dried Spaghetti
- 500g of your favourite tomato-based Pasta Sauce
- ½ tsp of dried Basil
- ½ tsp of dried Oregano
- A handful of fresh Basil Leaves
- Nutritional Yeast, to serve
- Preheat an oven to 180°C/ 350°F
- Add the cold water to the Nut Roast Mix, mix well and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the dried basil and oregano to the Nut Roast mix.
- Shape into small balls and place onto a greased or baking paper lined tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until crispy.
- In a large saucepan bring 4 litres of salted water to a boil and add in the spaghetti.
- Cook until al-dente.
- In a small saucepan heat up your pasta sauce ready for serving.
- Divide the pasta between four plates, top with the sauce and the Nut Roast ‘meat’ balls.
- Sprinkle the chopped nuts on top and serve with fresh basil and nutritional yeast.