Roasted Vegetable & Pearl Couscous Salad
The Pearl Couscous in this salad adds a delightful, light texture that compliments the sweet roasted onions and earthy beetroot perfectly.
- 250g of Artisan Grains Pearl Couscous (1 pack)
- 1 Litre chicken stock or water
- 2 tablespoons of rapeseed or sunflower oil
- 2 large red onions, roughly sliced
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into small 1-inch cubes
- 2 large pre-cooked beetroot, cut into small 1-inch cubes (or a pack of small cooked fresh beetroot)
- 200g of feta cheese (or desired salad cheese), loosely crumbled
- A handful of roughly chopped coriander or parsley leaves (for garnish)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, Gas Mark 6.
- Add the chopped onion, beetroot and sweet potato cubes to a large baking tray and drizzle with oil until even coated.
- Place baking tray on the middle shelf and roast for 35-45 minutes, or until softened and slightly browned, turning the vegetables once halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- While the vegetables are roasting, cook the Pearl Couscous by boiling in 500ml of slightly salted water or stock in a medium saucepan for 11-12 minutes or until just tender. Drain water and set aside.
- Toss the Pearl Couscous with the roasted vegetables and mix together to ensure the flavours infuse and season to taste.
- Serve into bowls and finish with crumbled feta cheese and chopped herbs.