Freekeh & Tomato Summer Salad
Quick and easy, this simple salad is vibrant. The fresh tomatoes and cucumbers pair excellently with the subtle smokiness of the Freekeh.
- 200g of Artisan Grains Greenwheat Freekeh or Wholegrain Freekeh (1 pack)
- 1 Litre of vegetable stock (or water)
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- Half of a large cucumber, finely diced
- 100g of pomegranate seeds
- 300g of mixed tomatoes (a variety of shapes and colours) sliced in half or into quarters
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Add the Greenwheat Freekeh and olive oil to 1 Litre of slightly salted water or stock in a medium saucepan.
- Stir, bring to the boil and reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain water and set aside.
- Add all of the ingredients into a bowl and toss gently to combine.
- Serve in a large bowl with desired salad dressing as a side salad or serve into small bowls and top with extra sliced tomatoes as garnish.