Mediterranean Baked Cod with Quinoa2017-07-12
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 35m
The soft, nutty Quinoa in this dish pairs perfectly with robust Mediterranean flavours for a healthy and filling meal.
- 220g of Artisan Grains Quinoa (1 pack) or 2 packs of Artisan Grains Microwaveable Quinoa
- 2 Litre of water or stock
- 2 large red peppers, roughly sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 100 g of sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 4 cod fillets (or preferred white fish)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Juice of one large lemon
- A small handful of chopped parsley
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
Preheat oven to 200°C, Gas Mark 6.
Add the peppers, tomatoes, onion, garlic and olive oil to a large bowl and mix well.
Place each cod fillet in the centre of a piece of aluminium foil. Divide the pepper and tomato mixture evenly between them, spooning it on top of the fish.
Drizzle with lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Fold the aluminium foil and seal the edges to create a parcel for each fillet.
Place the parcels on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes or until the fish flakes apart easily with a fork.
While the fish is baking in the oven, bring water or stock to boil in a medium saucepan.
Add Quinoa and simmer for 10-12 minutes uncovered until a white germ appears. Drain excess water and set aside.
If using Microwave Quinoa, follow pack instructions and microwave on high (800W) for 60 seconds.
Fluff up the Quinoa with a fork and divide evenly between 4 plates.
Unwrap the parcels carefully and spoon the cod and pepper mixture on top of Quinoa. Garnish with parsley.