Chicken & Chorizo with Pearl Couscous
A delicious alternative to pasta, this dish is packed full of hearty flavours and makes a great dinner party centrepiece.
- 250g of Artisan Grains Pearl Couscous (1 pack)
- 1 Litre chicken stock or water
- 400g of chicken breast strips
- 200g of thinly sliced chorizo
- 1 can of chickpeas (drained)
- 2 tablespoons of rapeseed or sunflower oil
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach leaves
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- Green pesto or desired dressing to serve
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Cook the Pearl Couscous by boiling in 1 Litre of slightly salted water or stock in a medium saucepan for 11-12 minutes or until just tender. Drain water and set aside.
- Grill the chicken or cook as desired in a frying pan on medium heat. In a separate frying pan, add the chorizo to the hot oil. Fry until the chorizo slices start to release their oils and become fragrant.
- Add the garlic and chickpeas to the chorizo and stir until the chickpeas start to become slightly tender.
- Mix the Pearl Couscous in with the chorizo, gently fold or toss in the spinach leaves.
- Finish each plate with slices of the grilled chicken and a drizzle of green pesto.