Pearl Couscous with 'Chorizo'
A delicious alternative to pasta, this dish is packed full of hearty flavours and makes a great dinner party centrepiece.
- 250g of Artisan Grains Pearl Couscous (1 pack)
- 1 Litre vegetable stock or water
- 400g of chicken-style strips
- 200g of thinly sliced veggie sausage
- 1 can of chickpeas (drained)
- 2 tablespoons of rapeseed or sunflower oil
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach leaves
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- Green pesto or desired dressing to serve
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Cook the Pearl Couscous by boiling in 1 Litre of slightly salted water or stock in a medium saucepan for 11-12 minutes or until just tender. Drain water and set aside.
- Grill or oven bake the chicken-style pieces. In a separate frying pan, add the veggie sausage to the hot oil. Fry until the slices start to become fragrant.
- Add the garlic and chickpeas to the sausage and stir until the chickpeas start to become slightly tender.
- Mix the Pearl Couscous in with the sausage, gently fold or toss in the spinach leaves.
- Finish each plate with slices of the grilled chicken-style strips and a drizzle of green pesto.