Wild Mushroom Risotto2017-02-08
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 35m
• 200g of Artisan Grains Quinoa & Bulgur Mix (or 200g of Artisan Grains Wholewheat Bulgur)
• 500ml vegetable or chicken stock
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
• 1 punnet of fresh mushrooms, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
• 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
• 1 small handful of thinly sliced scallions
• 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
• salt and pepper
In a saucepan bring 500ml of vegetable stock to the boil. Add 200g of Quinoa & Bulgur mix (or Bulgur).
Stir, reduce the heat and simmer gently for 12-15 minutes or until the stock is absorbed and the grains are tender.
Heat oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, and cook for 3 minutes.
Season with 3/4 teaspoon salt, and stir. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are soft.
Reduce heat to low, and add butter, garlic and scallions. Cook until scallions are softened, about 1 minute.
Gently mix the mushroom mix into the Quinoa & Bulgur mix and garnish with tomato slices, roasted broccoli or herbs.