Moroccan Spiced Freekeh Pilaf2017-07-11
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 35m
- 200g of Artisan Grains Greenwheat Freekeh (1 pack) or 2 packs of Microwave Wholegrain Freekeh
- 1 Litre of vegetable stock (or water)
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 large courgette, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 Teaspoon of Ras El Hanout spice
- 1 Tablespoon of rapeseed or sunflower oil
- 100g of pomegranate seeds
- 50g of pistachio nuts (shelled and roughly chopped)
- 1 small bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- A small handful of mint leaves, for garnish
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Add the Greenwheat Freekeh and olive oil to 1 Litre of slightly salted water or stock in a medium saucepan.
Stir, bring to the boil and reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain water and set aside.
If using Microwave Freekeh, follow pack instructions and microwave on high (800W) for 90 seconds.
In a griddle pan or frying pan on medium/high heat, add the rapeseed oil and courgette strips, sprinkling with Ras El Hanout Spice, and fry until lightly browned and crisping. Turn occasionally to ensure even frying.
In a large bowl, toss the cooked Freekeh with pomegranate seeds, pistachios and chopped parsley to ensure well mixed together and season to taste.
Serve in individual bowls and finish with the courgette strips and mint leaves.