Grilled Chicken Salad2017-02-07
- Yield : 2
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
• 250g chicken breast cut into strips
• 1 block of halloumi cheese (vegetarian option)
• 200g of Quinoa & Bulgur Mix (or try it out with our other grains!)
• 450ml of water or stock
• 4 cups of salad leaves (rocket, spinach, watercress)
• 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
• 1 small handful of chopped fresh mint leaves
• Desired salad dressing
In a saucepan bring 450ml of vegetable stock or water to the boil. Add 200g of Quinoa & Bulgur mix.
Stir, reduce the heat and simmer gently for 12-15 minutes or until the stock is absorbed and the grains are tender.
Cut chicken into thin (approx. 2 inch) strips. Season or marinade to taste. Pre-heat grill or griddle pan. (If using halloumi instead of chicken cut halloumi into ½ inch slices and grill until slightly browned)
Cook chicken strips on medium-high heat until no longer pink in the middle.
Add desired salad leaves to a serving bowl: spinach, rocket and watercress pair well with this recipe.
Top with sliced cherry tomatoes, mint and grilled chicken or halloumi cheese slices.
Dress with a light lemon or balsamic vinaigrette.