Greek Salad with Herbed Freekeh2017-07-12
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
- 200g of Artisan Grains Greenwheat Freekeh or Wholegrain Freekeh (1 pack)
- 1 Litre of vegetable stock (or water)
- 4 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 5 small radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 large salad tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into thin rings or strips
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 100g of feta cheese, crumbled or cubed
- Half of a lime, juiced
- 1 Teaspoon of dried oregano
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
Add the Greenwheat Freekeh and 1 Tablespoon of olive oil to 1 Litre of slightly salted water or stock in a medium saucepan.
Stir, bring to the boil and reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain water and set aside.
Add the Freekeh to a large bowl and gently toss together with the tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, radishes, oregano, lime juice and 3 Tablespoons of olive oil.
Serve in a large bowl and top with crumbled feta cheese and additional radish slices.