Chicken and Chorizo Pearl Couscous Salad2017-02-08
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
• 125g of Artisan Grains Pearl Couscous (1/2 pack)
• 500ml chicken stock or water
• 200g of chicken strips
• 100g of thinly sliced chorizo (about 3/4 cup)
• 1/2 can of chickpeas (drained)
• 2 tablespoons of rapeseed or sunflower oil
• 1 handful of fresh spinach leaves
• 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
• salt and pepper
• pesto or dressing to serve
Cook the Pearl Couscous according to package instructions. Drain excess water or stock and set aside.
Grill the chicken or cook as desired in a frying pan. In a separate frying pan add the chorizo to the hot oil. Fry until the slices start to release a lot of oil.
Add the garlic and chickpeas to the chorizo and stir until the chickpeas start to become slightly tender.
Mix the Pearl Couscous with the chorizo mix, gently fold or toss in the spinach leaves.
Garnish with slices of grilled chicken and a drizzle of green pesto.