Pronounced “Keen-Wah”, Quinoa is a small white grain-like seed which has a delicately nutty flavour when cooked.
Quinoa is highly nutritious as it contains all 9 essential amino acids. It is wheat free and is an excellent alternative to rice or couscous. Artisan Grains Quinoa is pre-washed and requires no rinsing.
Check out the nutritional benefits:
• High in fibre – to help digestion
• Low in fat (contains no saturated fat) – good for weight loss diets
• Quick and easy – a convenient ingredient
• All natural, no preservatives or chemicals
• A good source of protein for tissue repair
• Vegetarian & Vegan
How to cook Quinoa (2 portions)
• Boil 600ml water in a medium saucepan.
• Add ½ pack (110g) Quinoa and simmer for 10-12 mins uncovered until a white germ appears.
• Drain excess water and use hot, or allow to cool and use warm or cold.