Freekeh Superfood Salad
A zesty salad packed with nutritious ingredients and bursting with flavour.
- 250g Greenwheat or Wholegrain Freekeh
- Grated Zest of 1 lemon and 2tbsp juice
- Grated zest of 1 orange and 5tbsp juice,
- 1 large orange, peeled and cut into segments
- 1 red beetroot, 150g peeled and grated (drained if needed)
- 1 small fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 4 pieces sprouting broccoli
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 tbsp flat leaf parsley
- Seasoning: sugar, cayenne pepper to taste
- Add lemon and orange zest and juice to a bowl, mix together.
- Cook the Freekeh following the pack instructions then add to the citrus mix.
- Season the Freekeh with cayenne and sugar to taste.
- Add the sliced fennel, raw broccoli, chia seeds and parsley to the Freekeh mix, toss to combine.
- Plate and top with beetroot and orange segments.