Greenwheat Freekeh is a variety of delicious, highly nutritious grain made from young wheat harvested at their nutritional peak and then lightly toasted and cracked. The nutty taste and wholesome texture of the grains makes Freekeh a flavourful alternative to rice, couscous and bulgur wheat.
Check out the nutritional benefits:
• Low GI/low insulin response (good for diabetics)
• High in Fibre (up to 4 times more than Brown rice!)
• High in Protein (Approx. 60% higher than rice)
• Higher in Magnesium, Potassium, Calcium & iron compared to rice and pasta
• All natural, free from any chemicals
• Rich in Prebiotic properties
• GMO free
How to cook Freekeh
• Pour 100g Artisan Grains Freekeh and ½ Litre (500ml) water into a medium saucepan. Add 1 tsp salt and 1 tbsp olive oil (optional)
• Stir, then bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes
• Drain excess water and use hot, or allow to cool and use warm or cold
Our Greenwheat Freekeh should not be confused with other marketed Freekeh. This superior quality product is of Australian origin and has unrivalled consistency due to a patented process developed by the originating company.